What is Xpress Deposit?
Xpress Deposit is an easy, convenient way to deposit checks from your mobile phone into one of your Metropolitan accounts. With the Xpress Deposit app on your iPhone, Blackberry, or Android, you can enter the dollar amount of the check, take a photo of your check, and securely submit your deposit to Metropolitan for processing.
Is there a fee to deposit my check with my mobile device?
Xpress Deposit is free to clients with a Relationship Checking or Private Client Checking account. There may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless provider for more information.
How do I know if I'm eligible to use Xpress Deposit?
Please contact your local Client Services Advisor for more details.
1661 Aaron Brenner Drive
Suites 100 and 101
Memphis, TN 38120
5264 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
1069 Highland Colony Parkway
Ridgeland, MS 39157
3500 Lakeland Drive, Suite 501
Flowood, MS 39232
201 South Jackson St.
Crystal Springs, MS 39059
649 North Caldwell Drive
Hazlehurst, MS 39083
Where can I find the downloadable app?
Before downloading the Xpress Deposit app, you must contact your local Client Services Advisor to register for the product and receive your activation code. Once you have done so, you can simply download the latest version of the app from the iTunes Store, Blackberry AppWorld, or Android Marketplace. Once the application is downloaded, you can open it and complete the login process after you have received your sign-on credentials from your Metropolitan Client Services Advisor.
Can I use Xpress Deposit with any mobile device?
Eligible phones include:
|Apple||iPhone – 3G, 3GS, 4, and 4S
OS requirement eliminates
models prior to 3G
|Blackberry||All models with a 3.2 Mp
|Android Based||All models with a 2+ Mp
Are there transaction limits with Xpress Deposit?
Currently, deposits are limited to $3,000 per day and three individual checks per day.
Are my checks deposited immediately?
Successfully submitting your check image with your mobile device will begin the deposit process. However, the processing time to complete the deposit may vary. Funds deposited before 4 p.m. CT on a banking business day (every day except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays) are normally available for withdrawal on the first business day after the day of the deposit. If you transmit an item after 4 p.m. CT or on a day we are not open, we may consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. If your deposit is declined, we will e-mail you the notice by the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Deposits may be subject to additional case-by-case or exception holds.
Why would my check be declined?
There are several reasons a deposit could be declined, including poor check image or illegibility, duplicate items, exceeding the daily transaction limits, or improper endorsement. If a check is declined, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of the specific problem. You may try to resubmit the deposit, or come to one of our office locations to make the deposit in person.
What should I do with the actual checks?
After successfully submitting a deposit via Xpress Deposit, keep the original check (or a copy of both the front and back) in case there is any dispute that the image satisfies legal equivalence requirements. Retain the check or copy until final settlement, typically 45 days.
What types of checks are not eligible for Xpress Deposit?
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you.
- Checks or items drawn or otherwise issued by you or any other person on any of your accounts or any account on which you are an authorized signer or joint account holder.
- Checks or items containing obvious alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn.
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg CC.
- Checks or items drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks or items that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg CC.
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency.
- Checks or items dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by Metropolitan Bank's current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Metropolitan Bank account.
Please contact one of our Client Services Advisors or refer to the Full Terms and Conditions agreement.
After launching the application for the first time, you may be asked to give permission to access the data network. You will need to grant permission in order to proceed.
Blackberry users with supported devices
Your default browser needs to be set to Internet browser instead of the Blackberry browser in order to download this app.